Skimlinks Test High on Luxe: Knee highs, faux fur and a fright! http://t.co/W9aUv7gmgo

27 January 2014

Knee highs, faux fur and a fright!

Wow, what an eventful day today!
It started out the usual chaotic Monday morning. As soon as my eldest two were packed off to school it is my time with 3yr old Charlie.
He always decides what we are going to do for our day out together and today he wanted to go to the Lego shop and out for lunch. Fantastic. 
So I chose to wear my favourite black French Connection dress and Kurt Geiger over the knee boots, new Zara cream coat and faux fur scarf.
Lego chosen and happy with his purchase Charlie chooses McDonald's for his lunch…..Great.. coffee for me then. Half way through his chips Charlie grabs my arm face white and eyes bulging. He is choking. The panic in his eyes was awful. I screamed “Charlie” threw him over me knee and whacked him hard on his upper back. Thankfully it worked, but we were both in a bit of shock. What amazed me more than anything else was that in a busy place, nobody even flinched. What is happening to us? I would check the child ( and the parent) was ok. It really concerns me that nobody seems to care about anybody else anymore, and would rather choose to ignore anybody in need of help.

So Charlie wanted to go straight home so I could build his Lego toy for him.
Sat building his Lego I smiled to myself, it was only 1.30 and already I had been the kids alarm, chef, bag packer, fashion blogger , taxi, shopper, life saver and Lego builder. I had promised Spencer ( 7yr old) that I would make him some cupcakes, so I still had baker, cleaner , bather, homework helper and story teller to do.
MUMS ARE SUPERHUMAN!
And to do all this in a fabulous dress and over the knee boots surely deserves a glass of wine :)

Take Care 

Amanda x








Over knee boots: Kurt Geiger www.kurtgeiger. com

Dress: French Connection www.frenchconnection.com

Leather Belt: ( Boutique in Marbella) 

Cream coat: Zara www.zara.com

Fur scarf: Topshop www.topshop.com

Bracelet: Alexander McQueen

Bag: Chloe


4 comments:

  1. It's so frightening when this happens and well done to you for staying so calm and shame on those who didn't check you were both ok, thankfully we're not all like that! Beautiful dress styled perfectly with the belt. I hope you got a glass or 2 of wine, you certainly deserved it! Take care Vikki x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vikki. The wine went down quite nicely :) x

      Delete
  2. I can't believe you are a mum of 3 you look amazing! i love the KG boots too, knee high boots can be very risky.

    P.xx
    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Thank you so much. I totally agree and would probably stick to the over knee flat boots. Also I am 5ft 11 so I think they are supposed to be higher up the leg than they are on me!!!!:)

      Delete