Skimlinks Test High on Luxe: Challenge day 10: Mix a high end item with something less than £100 http://t.co/W9aUv7gmgo

1 March 2014

Challenge day 10: Mix a high end item with something less than £100

My style in my 40’s definitely incorporates the title and today's style challenge.
 The reason I choose the name High on Luxe for my blog was because I always mix "High Street with Luxury/Designer”.
So today was no different and I chose to wear my Missoni jacket which I have worn on an evening before (Red soles and goals) , but today I am dressing it down with ripped jeans and new balance trainers.
My husband has gone to the horse racing today on a “do" and I have been for lunch and a bit of toy shopping with my boys, so my comfy trainers were the best choice of footwear.

I love going to the races and getting all dressed up and like most people I enjoy a good old bit of people watching and checking out everyone’s outfits. I am pretty good at picking out winners as well with my extensive knowledge of horses form and ground inspection (not)..surely everyone knows that a funky name and a snazzy jersey are all it takes to be a winner!

I am still very excited for my evening at home with my boys as I have just opened the fridge to find a bottle of Tattinger and a box of milk tray…Whoo Hoo. All I need now is ‘The Voice” and I am happy as can be.
What are you doing this evening?
Great night in or great night out ?

What ever you are doing hope you all have a great weekend.

Take care
Amanda x








Jacket:  Missoni SIMILAR HERE

Denim shirt:  ASOS CLICK HERE

White vest top: Topshop CLICK HERE

Ripped jeans: CLICK HERE

New balance : SIMILAR HERE

Bag: Sophie Hulme: SIMILAR HERE

4 comments:

  1. I love this look and how you mixed sophisticated and casual pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is pretty much my usual weekend style, glad you like it x

      Delete
  2. Fabulous structured jacket! I am sure you can wear it with so many pieces and love your version with heels too!

    Annette | Lady of Style


    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Annette. It is definitely a jacket I can wear with lots of things. Dressed up or down. :)

    ReplyDelete