Skimlinks Test High on Luxe: Challenge day 23: Wear a colour you haven’t worn for a while. http://t.co/W9aUv7gmgo

16 March 2014

Challenge day 23: Wear a colour you haven’t worn for a while.

Happy glorious spring Sunday! What a great weekend, BBQ’s were being dusted of across the country no doubt and that feeling of warmth on your skin is like meeting a long lost friend. 
Today's challenge did worry me a bit, being Miss black and cream I did have to think about this, and when I opened my wardrobe the lack of colour was evident. So the summer wardrobe was scanned and I decided to pick a silk mustard top I have had forever from French Connection. I love this colour with gold accessorises and red lippy, so feeling all summery teamed it with mustard yellow sandals and jeans.
It was lunch with the family today and I had a lot of compliments on the colour and my outfit. It really has surprised me during this challenge that to go outside of your comfort zone but to keep inside of your own style really works. I will definitely wear more colour and have infact just ordered a pink pleated midi skirt from ASOS which I wouldnt have gone for before. I am not saying I will go as far as mixing prints but baby steps..
Which colour do you seem to avoid and why? Please let me know.
Hope you have all enjoyed the sunshine, enjoy the rest of your evening.

Amanda x






Top: French Connection (old) SIMILAR HERE

Jeans Topshop Baxter: HERE

Sandals (old)  SIMILAR HERE

Bag : Chloe

Bracelets: Hermes

Necklace:  Mawi HERE


6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous mustard top and shoes! You look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a similar blouse but unfortunately not your fabulous sandals... really love them!

    Annette | Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous look! I love your blouse and necklace :)

    http://kalisinspirationboard.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely in this shade. Let it not be a stranger. LOVE the sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Ladies! I will definitely wear this colour again. Forgot how much I loved the sandals too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look gorgeous! Are those the Clarks sandals?! I wish that colour suited me as it does you! Ax

    ReplyDelete