Skimlinks Test High on Luxe: Challenge day 17: Winterize your favourite summer skirt. http://t.co/W9aUv7gmgo

10 March 2014

Challenge day 17: Winterize your favourite summer skirt.

Hello, I am alive ( just) I apologise for the mysterious 2 day skip in my 30 day outfit challenge but the weekend was pretty hectic and after attending a charity ball on Saturday night I was in a haze of pain and regret on Sunday after the wine had flowed oh so freely…. It seemed a good idea at the time!
So today I am back on track, just about, I am not going to say “never again” because we all now that this is a lie, but maybe “not for a while” might be more realistic.
Anyway enough of my sorry story of greed and debauchery and onto today's challenge “Winterize your favourite summer skirt” ..Ummm if you have been following my blog for a while you will know that I am not a big skirt person, or massively into print so you will probably be shocked that my favourite summer skirt ( well its actually a dress, but lets not split hairs) is a red leopard print tea dress. I fell in love with this, probably because it is leopard print last year when I saw it, it is not a shape I really go for either but when I tried it on it felt great, fitted in all the right places and was perfect for summer days.
My winterization ( my word) of it was simple, black tights and ankle boots, cropped black jumper and can you believe it, I actually wore my hat again.
Do you ever mix your summer things up for the winter? I must admit this is the first time I have done this, as I usually pack away my summer clothes to make room for my winter ones and vice versa.
So I hope you like what I have done and do share your thoughts on mixing up your clothes.

Take care

Amanda x







Dress: Topshop (old) SIMILAR HERE

Cropped jumper: Topshop SIMILAR HERE  ( and with a red dress, Spooky!)

Hat : Topshop HERE

Ankle boots: Zara SIMILAR HERE


Bag: Chloe





Ready for the Ball..
Alexander McQueen Dress and Bag

Sophie Hulme Belt 

Christian Louboutin Shoes 

10 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda, love this style challenge, I am not a great skirt wearer either, i very rarely mix summer and winter together, maybe I should..will be packing away some winter clothes this week. You look fab for your ball, it's good to let your hair down once in a while.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a good job I don’t let my hair down more often Sue! It looks like Spring is here, so I think I will be doing a bit of re-jigging in my wardrobe too. x

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous skirt! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you've put your jumper over a summer dress, may steal this as I have the same jumper in pink. Also loving the hat.
    You look stunning in the McQueen dress and hope you've fully recovered...x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jo, think I need to get the pink one! Yep just about recovered I am such a lightweight!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this look! Very chic!The skirt looks very good on you! U styled everything just perfect! Good job! in the black dress, u look amazing!
    http://imperfectmuse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your comment. I will check your blog out too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this idea, I've done it a fe times but not with a cropped jumper as I have none- but it's a far better option! You looked amazing for the ball too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Think I need to purchase more cropped tops, great for layering :) x

      Delete