Skimlinks Test High on Luxe: Challenge day 24: Layer in an unexpected way. http://t.co/W9aUv7gmgo

17 March 2014

Challenge day 24: Layer in an unexpected way.

Straight away when I saw this challenge I thought “Superman” …..pants over leggings. That would be very unexpected when I picked the kids up from school, and I white tight jacket with lots of straps would probably be my next outfit!
Bra over top? That would be unexpected too.
Keeping it realistic and legal I decided to go for the new trend of dress over jeans/trousers. 
I actually like this look, but I think for me without it looking ridiculous the dress length has to be quiet short. A long dress with trousers would make me look like I am trying to impersonate Will-i-am, so I stuck with a shift dress with leather detail at the bottom.
It is a great look if you are feeling a bit thick on the thighs because it cuts that area out and starts showing the legs at their slimmer parts, so that's a bonus!
I went for black on black as well which is a stark contrast from yesterdays post in my summery mustard, but today was like another season, dark, dull and really chilly.
How would you layer in an unexpected way? I would be interested to hear.
I have got a few treats from ASOS to spruce up my wardrobe, so I will share them with you over the next few days ( challenge’s permitting) 
I have also been asked to guest blog for, believe it or not Strata homes. They have started a blog and wanted a fashion input on trends and styles that would influence interiors. I am really excited about it and thrilled that in only a couple of months things are already looking promising. 
I must also say that I am grateful for all my readers and I love all of the comments which I do try to answer to each and everyone.
Until tomorrow..
Take care

Amanda x










Jeans: HERE

Dress: The Kooples ( old) SIMILAR HERE

Slip-on shoes: HERE

Coat: VivienneWestwood

Bag: Sophie Hulme

8 comments:

  1. Ha ha I was hoping for Superman. Love your interpretation Amanda, gorgeous dress x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost did, I strutted into our kitchen with big bridget’s over my jeans..kids loved it, hubby not so much! x

      Delete
  2. I love your outfit! From the dress to the slip-ons!
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look. The jeans and dress go so well. I love the look of your Viv W coat - That looks really sleek
    :0)
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Paul, the coats a real wardrobe staple, simple lines :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this look!!! I love the edginess of it!!

    ReplyDelete