Skimlinks Test High on Luxe: Challenge day 15: Create a look with 3 levels of layering. http://t.co/W9aUv7gmgo

6 March 2014

Challenge day 15: Create a look with 3 levels of layering.

Phew, back to my comfort zone of “plain” clothes all the prints made me dizzy!
I love this challenge and have no problem layering up, especially today as it was freezing.
I choose my new favourite denim shirt, cropped Topshop jumper and cream Zara coat, not a pattern in sight and a very happy me.
I think I need to acquire a few more cropped tops as they look to be everywhere for Spring/Summer but only to be layered for me, even if I went to the gym everyday for a month I can not get my head around flaunting my midriff at 42, sometimes you have to be realistic, modest and not embarrass your children!
But again this is just my opinion for me only and if you feel comfortable with a bare tummy then go for it.
I love the midi high waisted skirts with the cropped tops that show just a tiny weeny bit of flesh, but again I think I will leave this look to the young’uns.

I don’t think I am going to get a six pack anytime soon as I have discovered the art of cupcakes and the kids just can’t get enough. Not being the best cook in the world, I am shocked how good they are and revelling in praise from my children ( including a sweet-toothed Hubby) I am churning out a batch a day. I am sure they will get bored soon but I am so pleased Spencer is telling all of his friends “ Mummy can cook now”

How will you be wearing the cropped look this summer? 
To bare or not to bare? Let me know your thoughts.

Until tomorrow have a great day

Take care

Amanda x










My lovely cupcakes!!


Jeans: Topshop: CLICK HERE

Denim shirt:  CLICK HERE

 Jumper: Topshop : SIMILAR HERE

Coat Zara: SOLD OUT

Shoes and Bag: Mulberry


6 comments:

  1. Ooh I love this layered look, your coat is awesome! Followed your blog :)
    Tiana x
    Www.the-Romanticiser.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tiana, and thanks for the follow :) x

      Delete
  2. 1. No I will never do crop tops, perish the thought
    2. I love your outfit
    3. I'm with you on patterns vs plain
    4. Those cupcakes look seriously good Amanda

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comments always make me smile Donna :) x

      Delete
  3. Drooling over your Mulbs bag and shoes, tan looks amazing with this outfit x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, had them for a couple of years now but still love them :) x

      Delete