Skimlinks Test High on Luxe: Challenge day 29 & 30…… Challenge complete!!!!!!!! http://t.co/W9aUv7gmgo

24 March 2014

Challenge day 29 & 30…… Challenge complete!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone, hope you all had a good weekend.
Mine was extremely hectic as expected as I explained in my previous post it was my son’s 4th Birthday party. It was a fantastic party, a traditional children’s party with party games, children's entertainer , balloons and bags of fun.
The children were probably climbing the ceiling when they got home after bucket loads of sandwiches, crisps, buns and jelly and ice cream, but I doubt they would have had such a great time on cous cous and humus. I did put the token bowls of carrots and cucumbers out but the sweet covered cupcakes were the food of choice for these party go’ers!
So today I am giving you a double whammy, two outfit posts for the price of one! My weekend attire.

 Challenge Day 29: Give a feminine dress some edge with a moto jacket.
As I mentioned on Friday I was so excited to have delivered an IRO Paris leather jacket I had won in a style competition by Harvey Nichols. It is so soft and really different from my other leather jackets as it has white trim detailing and is more cropped than my others. It fits like a glove and I know I will be wearing it a lot, even in the summer months as it is very lightweight and will look great with floaty midi skirts.
I wore it with a dress I have worn before its a cream Amanda Wakeley dress and again this is a versatile dress which can be worn in the day or at night. Teamed with ASOS metallic silver heels and this is my challenge day 29.
Hope you like it.






Dress : Amanda Wakeley

Jacket : IRO Paris HERE

Shoes: HERE


Challenge day 30: Leave the details to the shoes.
As with many things with this challenge I have realised that not only do I like neutral no fuss clothes but I also like simple classic shoes: Pointed courts for my choice of heels and ballet pumps or skaters for my choice of flats. So looking through my shoe collection and bearing in mind I would be on my feet all day serving orange juice and sandwiches, I decided that the best detailed shoes I could muster were my lovely leopard print slip-on’s. Comfy, detailed( pattern) and great to add interest to a neutral outfit.
I also wore a loose blouse and fluffy jacket both from H&M and skinny jeans. 

Drum roll please………MY 30 DAY WHO, WHAT, WEAR CHALLENGE IS COMPLETE!!! 

I will take a few changes with me to my everyday style, colour for one ( some colours) and hats!
Hope you have a great evening.

Take care

Amanda x






Jeans: Topshop: SIMILAR HERE

Fluffy Jacket: H&M SIMILAR HERE

Blouse: SIMILAR HERE

Skaters: Kurt Geiger: HERE




7 comments:

  1. I love outfit 29 - A feminine dress topped with a biker jacket is always a look and a half I think - The combination is just fab. I could eulogise about this all evening. The dress is simply stunning, and what a great gift the jacket is. Teamed with metallic heels - Perfect!
    :0)
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated praise indeed Paul..I could listen to it all evening ha! :) x

      Delete
  2. Nice outfits to complete the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two v different outfits and they both look great. I LOVE that IRO Paris jacket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes the jacket is amazing, can’t believe I won it!! :) x

      Delete
  4. Terry, I have only just seen this comment. Thank you so much. Going to check it out now :) x

    ReplyDelete