Skimlinks Test High on Luxe: Challenge day 20 : Dress down your favourite black dress. http://t.co/W9aUv7gmgo

13 March 2014

Challenge day 20 : Dress down your favourite black dress.

I can’t believe I am on day 20 of the challenge, only 10 more to go and I am going to buy myself a little medal for my great achievement !
Today's challenge was unusual for me as you know I am not a great fan of a skirt in the day, so to wear a black dress and dress it down was pushing me to my comfort limits!
I chose a dress that was in a jersey material so instantly it felt easier to wear in the day, it is a pencil dress with a peplum around the waist which is extremely handy to cover any lumps and bumps or Sunday lunch, and is a really simple and classic shape.
To dress it down a teamed it with a soft leather biker jacket and some classic Chanel ballet pumps and Gucci bag.
I would normally wear this type of dress with a heel but when I put the heels on it instantly dressed it up, so sticking to the brief I went for the ballet pumps.
How would you dress down a black dress? 
I have included a picture of Spiderman who kept photo bombing me and was determined to get in the pictues! 

Take care 


Amanda x












Dress: French Connection SIMILAR HERE

Jacket:  Muubaa SIMILAR HERE

Ballet pumps : Chanel 

Bag:  Gucci

8 comments:

  1. I love the way you paired your very chic black dress with beige accessories and casual flats!
    You look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Can’t believe I actually got my legs out! x

      Delete
  2. Oooh love this. You've done so well with the challenge Amanda, keep it up. Look forward to seeing the next 20 days x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 20 MORE DAYS!! Don’t give me a heart attack Donna, only 10 more days left and mission accomplished, Glad you are enjoying it :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Kitty, and thanks for following x

      Delete
  4. Perfect! Love the pumps and the jacket with the dress. It dresses it down superbly, but keeps it so stylish at the same time! :0)
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul. Got to keep things stylish:) x

      Delete