Skimlinks Test High on Luxe: Splash of tan. http://t.co/W9aUv7gmgo

31 January 2014

Splash of tan.

Its Friday and I am ready for the weekend ahead. It is the first time since New years eve that my husband and I have had the chance to go out, so I am looking forward to the wedding reception that we have been invited to on Saturday and gives me a chance to show you what a like to wear when I go out in the evening.
I have mentioned before that if I get an outfit in my head that I want to wear then not much will get in the way of that. Today is probably one of those days as my lovely husband has bought me a few sale items from one of my favourite online shops www.my-wardrobe.com and included in them was a pair of grey coated skinny jeans from 7 for All Mankind and I can’t tell you enough how comfy they are. Jeans are a pain in the neck to find for me being 5ft 11” and not a fan of showing my derriere to the world when bending over, so buying a pair online usually results in a boomerang action for the delivery guy. So I obviously wanted to wear these jeans as soon as possible and had already planned today's outfit…The weather however had decided to go bitterly cold with biting winds and torrential rain.
Undeterred I have worn my new fab jeans, a thin T-shirt and equally thin cardigan/jacket. Its a good job that I am a Northern lass and years of going for a night out in the snow with nothing more than a tiny dress ( in my younger days) has obviously paid off!

So I love teaming tan accessories with greys, I really like the look of the colours together and I think a nice tan leather bag is instantly classy. So out came my ever classic Mulberry Bayswater in tan brown and matching Mulberry ankle boots. This bag certainly gets better with age and will be one of my favourite bags for a long time to come.
I have also worn this very versatile knitted jacket from Maison Scotch and a plain grey t-shirt.
I hope you like the look.
I will make my next outfit post probably on Sunday as I want tommorow’s outfit to be the evening one. 

So have a fantastic weekend. Let me know if you are doing anything exciting. 

Take care

Amanda












Grey coated skinny jeans: 7 for all Mankind @ www.my-wardrobe.com

Grey T-shirt : Maison Scotch @ www.tessuti.com

Knitted Jacket : Maison Scotch @ www.tessuti.com

Brown tan Mulberry Bayswater. Mulberry

Brown tan Mulberry ankle boots: Mulberry

Spike silverring and midi ring : www.my-wardrobe.com

Grey metal ring : Topshop.

Crystal and silver bracelet: Anton Henis @ www.my-wardrobe.com




4 comments:

  1. Wow 5ft 11 Amanda and you've managed to cuff your jeans too. You look amazing as always. I've just discovered that I'm 1 1/2 inches taller than I thought after being measured last week so I'm 5ft 8 1/2, still nothing on you though. Told husband that my bad skiing can be put down to this error as I've always given the ski hire shop my heigh at 5 ft 7 (oh how I kid myself). Looking forward to seeing your wedding reception outfit. Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have to prove yourself now next time you go skiing! Hope you have a great weekend Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the jeans and really love the boots - they look such a good cut & fit - they look like they have been molded onto your feet . Cool !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do seem to mould to my feet , even though the heel is high they are so comfy. Thanks for the comment x

      Delete